Board Meeting Minutes
February 8, 2016
Attending in order of appearance: Peggy, Bill, John, Jon, Phil, Edna, Kaj, George and Harry
Vice President Phil Kitchel called the meeting to order at 7:30am.
Treasurer Jon Faber handed out copies of the budget to date. John Brewer made a motion, and Edna seconded it, to approve Andrew May’s bill of $261 for landscaping around the welcome sign. Motion carried.
George made a motion and Kaj seconded that future bills be considered year by year and not on an automatic basis. Motion carried.
- President John Brewer presented two names for membership: Walt Tichenor and Steve Berman. Motion carried.
- John presented an example of a past membership certificate. George moved and Kaj seconded the motion that PABA reinstate the practice of giving new members a membership certificate. Motion carried.
- Edna said a Welcome Home COHO planning session is scheduled for this Thursday at Necessities and Temptations. So far, Necessities & Temptations, Red Lion, Revitalize PA, PABA and musical groups from PAHS and Stevens Middle School have said they will help. The welcome home event is planned for Saturday, March 5th.
- John is asking that anyone having suggestion for speakers let him know as soon as possible.
- Government Affairs Committee Chair, Harry Bell, said he is still working on a speaker for next week. He is hoping to get someone from the city, maybe the City Attorney.
John introduced the possibility of sponsoring a student to the YMCA Youth and Government Program in Olympia. He pointed out there were several levels and prices. Edna moved and John seconded that PABA support delegation meals at $350. Motion carried.
Phil handed out an example of a Linn County, Oregon lawsuit against the State of Oregon on behalf of forest land counties and local districts.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30am.